FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-Cam off-line to On-Line HDV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Gandy
Multi-Cam off-line to On-Line HDV
on Nov 25, 2009 at 7:45:19 am

We shot a 9 camera P2 card concert video. I am using FCPro Studio on a MacBook Pro 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8 GB DDR3. I created a multi-cam edit by off-lining the video . We originally shot at 1440x1080 29.97, HDV 1080p30.

I had to low res the video to get all nine cameras to sync. I cut the video and have a music mix. How do I export the multi-cam edit to reflect my cut and return my edit to the original HDV?

In addition, I still have to color correct and add some transitions but I have the cut that I want. I believe with one video clip (my edit), I can work with the true HDV video.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Multi-Cam off-line to On-Line HDV
on Nov 25, 2009 at 8:15:37 am

Well, I'm interested in how you shot HDV with P2...that isn't possible.

Then how did you low res the video? Does it still have the timecode? Do you still have the full resolution clips?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Patrick Gandy
Re: Multi-Cam off-line to On-Line HDV
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:06:51 pm

Hi Shane,

Thank you for the post.

We shot on the Panasonic HVX-200 capturing on P2 Cards. The Pixel Aspects and Frame Size are 1440x1080 and 1280x1080. The low res was done in FCP by taking the sequences and performing a batch export and choosing offlineRT HD (Photo JPEG)-29.97 setting. After, I reimported back into the FCP Browser.

Time code is still in place and the full resolution files are available too.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]