FORUMS: list search recent posts

quick time gamma issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maurice Salazar
quick time gamma issues
on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:37:49 am

Hi
It's so frustating!!. QT has an option in which you can check (enabled final cut studio color compatibility). When I check that the QT movie gamma is similar to the one in the timeline. However when I leave it uncheck the QT movie looks washed out as the one that I imported to VImeo and XR. The question remains, how can I color correct in the timeline in FCP with the appropriate gamma settings?? does FCP has any of these adjustments in the preferences??
Thanks for all your help.
Maurice
ps. my screen is set up to 2.2 gamma

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: quick time gamma issues
on Nov 25, 2009 at 1:22:04 pm

Are you using Compressor for the compression? If so, you can see a "before and after" of the program in it's viewer, and add some gamma correction there if need be.

I'm reviewing Squeeze 6 right now, and seeing wonderful results with it, and also love the fast and better than Compressor presets using Matrox's MXO2 with MAX technology for these compressions. I'm just not seeing the gamma shift I read about in these forums... don't know exactly why though. I do use Color on every project to be sure I'm happy too. I'm very picky so you'd think I'd run into it, but I don't...?

What versions of software are you running? QT, FCP, and OS?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]