FORUMS: list search recent posts

weird audio sync issue...on timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Procopio
weird audio sync issue...on timeline
on Nov 24, 2009 at 3:40:15 pm

this seems to be an intermittent thing, but it has happened on 2 of our FCPs running v7. Working 1080i 29.97 ProRes422HQ...while playing down the timeline, the audio intermittently goes out of sync. stop the timeline, and play the same section over again...no problem. We are hooked up to a san via fiber, and sometimes use G-raid FW800 drives. I'm going to ask the editors if it happens only with FW drives, or the SAN as well...

I'll get back with the information, but has anyone run into this oddity? I have told them to trash prefs, but would like to find out why this might happen.

TIA
Joe

Return to posts index

Jesse Coane
Re: weird audio sync issue...on timeline
on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:05:18 pm

does this happen when the playhead hits an empty part in the timeline? I having a similar issue if the playhead starts on an empty part of a timeline it goes all crazy. Ive been putting in slug to deal with it temporarily.

jesse

Jesse Coane
Director / Editor
The Concept Farm

Return to posts index

Joe Procopio
on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:54:56 pm

nope...starting on a clip....if you stop, then play, back in sync....

Broadway Video, NYC
AVID/FCP editor/engineer

Return to posts index

Ray Chung
on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:49:49 am

Don't know if this is the answer, but maybe it applies. Look towards the end of this discussion....

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1918928&tstart=0

Apparently, there's a strange audio/sync bug when doing an HD project when the initial FCP 'easy setup' startup settings are NTSC/29.97.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]