FORUMS: list search recent posts

video playback problem on External Monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Gallagher
video playback problem on External Monitor
on Nov 24, 2009 at 3:35:46 pm

I'm having a problem with video on an external monitor drifting out of sync. The video plays back slow on the monitor but the sound come through fine and the video is playing at a normal speed in FCP. So in the canvas it playing normally with sound, but on the external monitor the video is playing back slightly slower, so after a few seconds you can watch a cut in the canvas then look over to external monitor and see the cut happen again.

This is only happening with video from FCP, I can play a clip in Color and there's no drift. I've opened the FCP project on another mac and there's no problem, I've tried connecting different monitors. Also, if I set the external video play back to 10 bit the drift is worse than if it is set to 8 bit, a 15 sec clip takes 19 secs to play back on the external monitor at 10 bit and 18 secs in 8 bit (not exact times). I've reinstalled AJA LHe control panel and drivers, but seeing as this isn't happening in Color it seems like it must be a FCP issue. I've trashed the FCP prefs (along with AJA and quicktime).

What could this be? What else is there to check?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]