FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Won't Import ANYTHING - ETC.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy McKeel
Final Cut Won't Import ANYTHING - ETC.
on Nov 24, 2009 at 2:47:28 am

OK, sorry if I missed this, folks, but I've looked everywhere and haven't found a comparable post. We've been running FCP at work for years and I've never seen this. A guy at work, who isn't particularly computer savvy (but gets by) is running FCP 6.0.6. I don't know all the machine specs, but it's sufficient. It's been running without flaw forever, but today it did a number of odd things:

1) FCP will no longer import ANYTHING. No .jpg, no .wav, no FCP QT files (that were created in the program, obviously). I've tried all methods...Cmd+I, Import>File, drag from finder. All you get is "File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown"

2) The browser on the project he had opened indicated that it lost connection with several media clips, but yet the timeline did not lose the connection. The media played perfectly in the timeline.

3) The log/capture SEEMED to work normally. But, the video clip doesn't appear in the browser. It does appear in finder in the capture scratch folder. But, of course, it won't import.

I'm at a loss. I trashed preferences, restarted, did a reinstall on Final Cut (only)....all to no avail. I guess the next step is a full uninstall/reinstall, but I hate to spend hours at that and it do the same thing.

Has anybody seen this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Won't Import ANYTHING - ETC.
on Nov 24, 2009 at 5:13:17 am

#44: FCP acting weird - Trash Prefs

Shane's Stock Answer #44: FCP acting weird or unusual. Just not like is normally should

If the program was working fine, and now isn't, or just isn't working the way it should, the first things to do are:

1) Trash your FCP preferences. Download the Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

2) Open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3) Shut down for 10 min. Go for a quick walk around the block and get SOME exercise today. Come back, turn on the computer and see how things are.

4) (optional) Do the Hokey Pokey and turn your self about. Results may vary.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeremy McKeel
Re: Final Cut Won't Import ANYTHING - ETC.
on Nov 24, 2009 at 4:15:14 pm

Thanks for the advice, Shane. I did all of these, minus walking around the block, to no avail. I had done a reinstall yesterday, but I saw where someone had suggested to trash Final Cut associated receipts when uninstalling. I did that, reinstalled, and now it's working fine thus far.

Thanks for the help!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]