FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems importing P2 files - MXF work around

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Pilley
Problems importing P2 files - MXF work around
on Nov 22, 2009 at 11:23:22 am

If it helps, I like some others have had the problem of log and transfer not seeing P2 footage.

I've read various approaches to this problem- one is to reinstall your OS and FCP!!

Well here is a work around that got me out of trouble. Try it if it works at least you can hobble on till the next big update (snow leopard?!)

1. download the calibrated MXF plugin from apple

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/finalcutstudio/calibratedqmxfimport.h...

2. install this as per the README-CalibratedMXFSpotlight.pdf (a very easy install)

3.This now allows quicktime to see MXFs. Basically I dragged the MXF videos (in CONTENTS/VIDEO directory) straight to the timeline and coupled them with the corresponding audio files (in CONTENTS/AUDIO) - all manually- then linked them, then edited as per normal. At least i could keep moving- even without camera timecode.

NB.
All this was free, though i think if you purchase the import tool it is more powerful ie camera timecode, linking audio etc (http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/MXFImport_Mac.asp)

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
Re: Problems importing P2 files - MXF work around
on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:53:48 pm

Hi Peter,

I think you just installed our free Calibrated MXF Spotlight plugin (that's the PDF you mention) and are perhaps using Panasonic's P2CMS software (which also has a MXF Importer). P2CMS will allow you to import Panasonic P2 MXF Files into FCP but without timecode or auto-joining audio MXF Files.

Our Calibrated MXF Spotlight plugin just makes spotlight MXF 'aware'.

Calibrated{Q} MXF Import though is the component that would enable you to import P2 MXF files directly into FCP with timecode and auto-joining the P2 Video/Audio MXF Files. The DEMO limitation is only showing up to 30 seconds of media - otherwise it's fully functional.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]