FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Blackmagic NTSC from Intensity to work with FSI Monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john davidson
Getting Blackmagic NTSC from Intensity to work with FSI Monitor
on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:34:24 am

Hello I just purchased a Mac Pro and a Decklink Extreme. I installed the Decklink and hooked it up to a Flanders Scientific monitor SDI in. I opened a project in Final Cut and when I go through the Audio/Video settings for Blackmagic DV, the video playback tab has [missing] Blackmagic NTSC in it. What have I done wrong? Needless to say I am not getting a picture to the Flanders. Thank You.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Getting Blackmagic NTSC from Intensity to work with FSI Monitor
on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:44:29 am

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers. Make sure you get the latest ones. Somehow your computer isn't detecting the Decklink card.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

john davidson
on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:29:05 am

Hello Shane, I went back in and reinstalled the software. It did seem to resolve the Final Cut issue, but the signal to my monitor is all scrambled. Also when I now have the playback set to Blackmagic NTSC 8 bit the timeline drops frames and loses sound. If I say the output is none then it runs fine. Now I can't believe this new Mac Pro 2X2.26 Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8 GB & 1 TB of ram is not fast enough for the DV sequence, is it?

Thank You for helping.
John

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:44:17 pm

Have you checked your Blackmagic settings in "System Preferences"? This is where you set the video and audio output connections and also the input and output processing (up-convert, down-convert). Perhaps one of these settings needs to be changed?

Return to posts index

john davidson
on Nov 22, 2009 at 8:25:00 pm

Hello Ken, I went to the preferences menu and it ids set for SDI & HDMI & NTSC/Pal (Y out} & S Video out.
I am going into the 1 input SDI position on the Flanders monitor. I also tried position 2 SDI in to no avail. Just as a side note, If I make the video out in the Final Cut say none then it plays this DV sequence fine. As soon as I put it to Blackmagic NTSC 8 bit it drops frames and stops. Also if I mute the audio tracks it plays through the timeline fine, no dropping of frames.

Thank You,
John

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
on Nov 22, 2009 at 11:48:37 pm

Agreed that this needs to be in the Blackmagic forum, but...

Do you have a Decklink Extreme (as stated in your post), Intensity (as stated in your subject line), or Intensity Pro?

Neither of the Intensity cards has SDI out.

Intensity has HDMI I/O only.
Intensity Pro has HDMI, component, and composite I/O.
Decklink HD Extreme has SDI, HDMI, component, and composite I/O.

Return to posts index

john davidson
on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:28:41 am

Hello, First off I appreciate the help. I have a Decklink HD Extreme. In the preferences it only gives me to choices out, SDI & HDMI & Y,R-Y,B-Y, and SDI & HDMI & NTSC/PAL (Y out) Pal.

Thanks Again,
John

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:33:39 am

The only thing I can think of is to check to make sure you are connected to one of the SDI "out" on the back of the Decklink HD Extreme card. The SDI I/O aren't labeled (on my card at least) so look in the Decklink manual.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 22, 2009 at 1:20:40 pm

We have a BlackMagic forum, I would post your query over there.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]