FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 HD SD same timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Nico
FCP 7 HD SD same timeline
on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:28:13 am

Is it ok to combine SD and HD clips on a single HD timeline in FCP 7 without doing any prior upscaling of the SD clips. Everyone is speaking of upscaling using Compressor, Instant HD, Kona cards (which I don't have) etc. but they seem to be speaking of this while using prior versions of FCP. When I've combined these clips on a HD timeline in FCP 7 the SD seems to look fine but seems to good to be true. It does show that the SD clips are upscaled to 225 normally if that were the case, wouldn't it look of less quality. All of my SD clips are shot in HD but captured in SD, that might be the reason they look ok. Any help greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP 7 HD SD same timeline
on Nov 21, 2009 at 11:08:33 pm

Best way to check this is to look at it externally on your video monitor... or burn a DVD and play it on a TV set. If you upconvert the SD it's best to do this with hardware you don't have, and using compressor to do it is much the same as just rendering it in a sequence quality wise... Idea to use Compressor is good if you have to make a lot of edit decisions because you don't have to render those conversions...

Jerry

Return to posts index

Eric Nico
Re: FCP 7 HD SD same timeline
on Nov 22, 2009 at 6:04:48 pm

Thanks much Jerry, I'll give it a try. Also I didn't need to render at all with FCP 7 when I added my SD clip to my HD timeline. Maybe it's because of my hardware. It just seems to easy, but yeah I'll see how it looks on a tv screen. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]