FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Optimal Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Cavins
FCP Optimal Settings
on Nov 20, 2009 at 9:38:51 pm

I've inherited a new role at work and have been learning to use FCP 6.0.1 on a MAC Pro 2.8 Ghz, 4GB memory, 500GB disk.

All media is stored on the internal disk. I've just read that this isn't a good idea. Since I've been running into space issues, can people recommend ideas for how to store media and other options to make FCP run better?

Thanks,

Tim

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP Optimal Settings
on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:49:10 pm

Just like any computer editing system...always store your media on external hard drives. From FW400, to FW800, eSATA, FibreChannel, SAS. Lots of options. Which you choose all depends on your budget, the format of footage you are working with, and how much storage you need.

As for making FCP run better...make sure that your sequence settings match your clips settings, which FCP does automatically when you add the first clip. Then there are other things based on the types of footage you are editing. LOTS of books and training on this available...look at Lynda.com for training, and Tom Wolsky books and Diane Wyland books.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 21, 2009 at 12:10:04 am

And at least update your FCP to 6.0.6 which is far less buggy than 6.0.1

Return to posts index

Tim Cavins
on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:56:27 pm

Is it free to update to 6.06?

I currently only have a Passport 500GB external hard drive. I will have to check into prices for one of the other ones mentioned. Is it worthwhile to use my passport or no since it's not connecting via FW?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]