FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble encoding audio to wmv

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Heuss
Trouble encoding audio to wmv
on Nov 19, 2009 at 8:18:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to export a 10 minute sequence from final cut to wmv format but it always breaks off and tells me "WMA encode failed - there has been an internal error while attempting to encode the audio track. (-19224)". I've also tried exporting the movie as a QT file and converting it in QT player to wmv but it always breaks off after about 30 seconds. anyone have an idea what the reason could be?

also, ive tried turning the audio into an aiff file (the mix is originally a wav file) and then reimporting etc, but it gives me the exact same error when i try exporting again. also when i try exporting using the original, unmixed audio - same thing.

i have no problem exporting it as a mov, its just wmv that gives me this problem...

would very much appreciate if someone could give me a tip...thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Trouble encoding audio to wmv
on Nov 19, 2009 at 9:50:29 pm

[Anna Heuss] "I've also tried exporting the movie as a QT file and converting it in QT player to wmv but it always breaks off after about 30 seconds. anyone have an idea what the reason could be?
"

You've got the freebie version of Flip4Mac, yes? You need to get the pay version of it to do what you seek. It's on the Telestream web site.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anna Heuss
on Nov 20, 2009 at 7:00:02 am

really? damn. but im a poor student, there's got to be another way.

also i forgot to mention that i tried converting it in mpeg streamclip and it gave me the same problem there. and that should usually work, or so im told...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:49:32 pm

[Anna Heuss] "im a poor student, there's got to be another way. "

Go find somebody with a Windows box and Quicktime. Have them do it for you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]