FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the Panasonic HMC-150 with Final Cut Pro 5.0

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Sieff
Using the Panasonic HMC-150 with Final Cut Pro 5.0
on Nov 19, 2009 at 12:15:57 am

I want to purchase the Panasonic HMC-150 which takes SDHC cards. My system is a little older. It is a 4x2.5 Ghz Power PC G5 with 4GB Ram with Mac OSX 10.4.11. The computer is a little older but I really want to use this camera. How can I use this format with my current system. is it possible or should I look at other HD cameras that is cost effective. I don't want to buy a new computer.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Using the Panasonic HMC-150 with Final Cut Pro 5.0
on Nov 19, 2009 at 12:51:47 am

Look at other cameras or upgrade FCP.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Petteri Evilampi
on Nov 19, 2009 at 4:32:55 pm

The only way to use Your G5 and FCP 5 is by capture card. You connect HMC-150 by HDMI or component cabels and capture all material from camera just like from tape. Really, it does not make much sense...
And I am afraid you will come across with similar problem with all tapeles cameras and FCP 5. Get FCP 6 and XD-Cam EX based camera (Sony or JVC) and You are clear.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:07:19 pm

If you are making a living in this business, upgrade everything, FCP, OS and your computer. I would say your computer is very old not a little old.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Petteri Evilampi
on Nov 20, 2009 at 9:55:19 am

Some folks still edit with Steebecks.
In Finland we have old saying, in english something like "It is stupid to kill an old cow if it still gives you a lot of milk".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]