FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I convert frame rate on captured footage?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reese Guy
Can I convert frame rate on captured footage?
on Nov 18, 2009 at 4:17:34 pm

Is there a way to convert the frame rate on footage that has already been logged and transfered into final cut pro 6 from 29fps to 24fps? I have a project that I completed edited that was given to me to edit but for sum reason the frame rate was not in the information tab. So once I logged & transfered it at 29fps and finished the edit you can notice a very and I mean very slight motion blur on parts of the video when there is fast movement. Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can I convert frame rate on captured footage?
on Nov 18, 2009 at 4:53:58 pm

Do you care if the video runs a little slower... and accordingly, any audio associated with it?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tamas Erdosi
on Nov 18, 2009 at 5:02:13 pm

"Is there a way to convert the frame rate on footage that has already been logged and transfered into final cut pro 6 from 29fps to 24fps?
- Yes there is a way to do that.Use Cinema Tools software which comes with FCS.

BUT

If you want to transfer/conform the footage which is already edited but blurry it will be blurry (maybe not that much) after you conformed it.Only the frame rate will change, the quality won't be as the same as your original 24fps was.

"So once I logged & transfered it at 29fps "
- Do you mean you transferred 24fps footage as 29fps into FCP?How did you do that with simple log and transfer?
I think, if you just used log and transfer in FCP the footage you imported is 24fps.Your timeline might be 29fps.If so, just change the settings of your timeline to 24fps and make sure not to leave the gaps on the timeline after set it to 24fps.Do a backup first!

http://www.tamaserdosi.eu

Tamas Erdosi / http://www.tamaserdosi.eu

Return to posts index

Reese Guy
on Nov 18, 2009 at 7:30:01 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Thats what I needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]