FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 noticed issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Tuquero
FCP 7 noticed issues
on Nov 17, 2009 at 7:06:26 pm

We recently upgraded our edit suites to FCP 7 and have found some issues or bugs that have bothered us ...

TO NOTE: We have found the solutions (well temporary) to these issues.

I just wanted to ask about them and to see if you guys have other issues that I should be aware of.

I HAVE RAN INTO 2:

1 - Final Cut 7 all of a sudden would stop saving my program. Even If I changed the name, it would say the name was invalid. And wouldn't save. ... SOLUTION: I found on line was to save it to a whole new drive as something totally different ... that worked but I don't want to have to keep moving my project around ... kinda scary.

2 - Final Cut 7 after Batch Capture of footage, it deleted the Reel numbers and notes ... So when I go back to either Batch capture that footage later it couldn't do it. Oh and it also set all of the footage's Media Start to 00:00:00:00 .... ???? interesting ... I didn't think FCP had a regenerate TC like Avid. Anyways, SOLUTION: we had to just reload fixes from the Disc and now (Knock on wood) it works fine.

So again I ask ... is there any other bugs that FCP 7 I should be aware of?

Thanks

-Raymond Tuquero-
Houston Based Freelancer
http://www.rtuqvidere.com

Return to posts index

Liam Ward
Re: FCP 7 noticed issues
on Nov 17, 2009 at 7:35:09 pm

I've got a good one for you...

If you disable the Alpha channel (set Alpha to 'None') in a ProRes 4x4 clip I have to enable 'show excess luma' in order to get this action to actually take effect. As soon as you turn 'show excess luma' off, it goes right back to enabling the alpha channel again, despite the clip still being set to 'None'.

Oh upgrades...

Liam Ward
Sinking Ship Entertainment

Return to posts index

Raymond Tuquero
on Nov 17, 2009 at 7:40:04 pm

Oh fun ... thanks.

-Raymond Tuquero-
Houston Based Freelancer
http://www.rtuqvidere.com

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:27:21 pm

We ran into a variation on your first one immediately after installing FCS3 (still on 10.5.8). In our case there wasn't a problem saving, but whenever we would try to render a section of the timeline that had been previously rendered, we would get a "file already exists" error and it wouldn't render. Rendering is a pretty basic function... you just create a new file each time you render, but apparently FCP3 has a gatekeeper now.

We were using Pro-Res which could be a factor (not sure), but there are a couple of workarounds:

1) you could delete all your render files, but then everything has to be re-rendered.

2) we would copy all the clips to a new sequence. Strangely, this action would not only allow us to render in the new sequence, but the original sequence as well...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]