FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony GV-HD700 issues in FCP6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Ivey
Sony GV-HD700 issues in FCP6
on Nov 17, 2009 at 4:26:59 pm

No matter what combo of settings I use, I can not get Final Cut to capture HD footage off the Sony GV-HD700 deck. I have tried several coronations of setting on both the deck and FCP 6 and nothing works. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Ron Craig
Re: Sony GV-HD700 issues in FCP6
on Nov 17, 2009 at 4:49:24 pm

(This post is edited... I changed a bit of incorrect advice that I included in the first post.)

I don't have the manual or the deck in front of me but, as I recall, it says to turn off the unit and/or unplug the firewire cable after changing the settings. Then plug back in and the new settings will take effect. Try that between your setting changes.

Again, I'm not at the deck now but I believe the settings that work for me are:

HDV 108i
HDV/DV SEL -> HDV
ilink conv -> OFF
A/V -> DV Out -> OFF

Return to posts index

Ron Craig
Brandon: Note edited post, above
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:03:19 pm

If you acted on my first advice, please re-read my post. The i.link setting should be OFF. (If it's on it will convert HDV to DV.)

-- Ron

Return to posts index

Brandon Ivey
Re: Brandon: Note edited post, above
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:05:14 pm

I have not, but I had read that somewhere. Someone is trouble shooting it on adobe premere pro. Would those settings work if the footage is 720p30?

Return to posts index

Ron Craig
Re: Brandon: Note edited post, above
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:14:25 pm

Would those settings work if the footage is 720p30?

No, they wouldn't. That deck is capable out outputting 1080i through the firewire but not 720p. It will play 720p tapes but it won't export 720p via firewire.

If your material is all 720p I think you have two options:

1. Use another deck for digitizing.
2. Use the component out of the GV-HD700 and run that component signal to a capture card such as an AJA Kona 3. (Note: I have captured successfully from this deck via component cables -- but only 1080i material. I think it will work with 720p but I have never done it.)

Someone here with more experience on this might add another option...

-- Ron

Return to posts index

Gus Guardado
Re: Sony GV-HD700 issues in FCP6
on Sep 16, 2010 at 4:35:23 am

Hi Ron,

I'm trying to print to tape using the GV-HD700 and FCP 6.0.1 but can't get the darn thing to work. I've tried switching to just DV instead of Auto. I've tried turning off the deck and unplugging the firewire cable all to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Gus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]