FORUMS: list search recent posts

Presonus Firestudio Project - Importing Multi Channel Audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rik Lundgren
Presonus Firestudio Project - Importing Multi Channel Audio
on Nov 16, 2009 at 8:25:35 pm

Hello. I'm new here. Wondering if anyone can help me with how I should set things up for capturing a live performance of a rock and roll battle of the bands. I am not aware of what the video equipment we will be using is, but I do know that the music will be captured by using a Firestudio Project interface. The audio will then be transferred to Proo Tools HD for mixdown and 5.1 mastering, and my questions are:
1. How should we set things up when we do the videotaping/recording in order to make the import of the completed 5.1 tracks easiest (including any suggestions for bitrates and formats).
2. Are clap boards (if that's what they are called) the best way for synchronizing the video and sound?
3. Do you have any suggestions to streamline our signal flow and/or recording process that i might not have considered?

Like I said, I'm new, but I'm not completely without experience or common sense. The one thing I might be lacking in is restraint. I'm seriously wondering if I've comitted to coordinating more than I first thought.

Any help will be profusely appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Pitt
Re: Presonus Firestudio Project - Importing Multi Channel Audio
on Nov 16, 2009 at 8:57:19 pm

I do this all the time. Piece of cake.

As far as workflow goes...don't change anything with how you'd normally shoot the video. When I do this, I set up my video camera and record with a single mic through a camera so that it is easier to sync the audio in post.

One you have your mix-down from pro tools, just import the audio.

I usually use just the first snare hit or cymbal crash to sync the audio with the video. No clap board is necessary.

Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]