FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I trash my Render Files Folder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
Can I trash my Render Files Folder
on Nov 15, 2009 at 10:59:59 pm

Hey guys
I am done with a project. I am wanting to move it over to an external hard drive. Everything moves over fine except the Render Files Folder. I am wondering if I can just delete this or do I need to figure out why it won't drag to my external?
I guess, if someone can tell me the downfall of deleting it completely and if I need to keep them, can someone tell me why it is not moving to my external?
From this point forward I have got to figure out a way to stay organized (maybe buy Shane's tutorial) but for now, please help me out.
thanks
jared

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Can I trash my Render Files Folder
on Nov 15, 2009 at 11:10:00 pm

I've no idea why you can't copy your render files. Sounds like something's not right. Are the files locked for some reason? Not having them only matter when you want to work on your project in the future. Then you have to re-render. Checkout this post about using Media Manager to copy a project to an external drive. http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1062507

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
on Nov 15, 2009 at 11:55:47 pm

so just to make sure i understand... you are saying that if i ditch all my render files and toss that entire folder in the trash i can still come back later and everything will open fine, nothing will have to be "reconnected" but i will have to re-render the timeline just to get it back up to snuff to work on... that sound right?

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Nov 16, 2009 at 1:13:23 am

Correct. Deleting your render files will have no ill affect other than requiring you to render your project again.

-A

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

Andrew Evans
on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:22:06 am

is final cut open when you are trying to copy the folder? it might be because final cut is using them. i can't really think of any other reason why it wouldn't copy.

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:27:08 am

just realized my TB external is set up as FAT32... i wonder if the 4GB file size limit is causing the error? anyone?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:40:59 am

[Jared Smith] "just realized my TB external is set up as FAT32... i wonder if the 4GB file size limit is causing the error? anyone?"

Yep. Never edit with a Windows formatted drive with FCP.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:59:17 am

crap, now i have to find a TB to move everything over to so that i can reformat it... dang, i suck

Return to posts index

Nicholas Bierzonski
on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:54:22 am

On the brightside...drives today are much less costly than they used to be. Plus you'll have an extra TB drive around for later projects.

-Nicholas Bierzonski
Senior Editor/DVD Author/Java Boy
http://www.finalfocusvideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]