FORUMS: list search recent posts

FC doesn't capture DV as it did before

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raul Davalos
FC doesn't capture DV as it did before
on Nov 15, 2009 at 1:28:42 am

Clearly this must be a setting issue - but which one? Admittedly not a pro DV camera but I have been filming and editing small sequences for the school marching band and it used to be a breeze. For some reason FC now stops and searches for a "timecode break" where there is none. Even on tapes that I have captured successfully before. Here are the specs: Canon ZR 500 DV capturing through Firewire NTSC Anamorphic and 48 kHz. I have set preferences to "Make New Clip on Timecode Breaks", I have "Refreshed AV Device" and I have also made sure that View>External Video> is set to "All Frames. I do have deck control - but why does FC stop after less than a second looking for a "timecode break"? It goes back and forth in the middle of the first shot and eventually pre-rolls and "can't find video" - also even on a tape that I've digitized before. I'm stumped and would appreciate some advice. Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FC doesn't capture DV as it did before
on Nov 15, 2009 at 2:15:10 pm

Hi Raul,
In the User Preferences, deselect "In TC Breaks: Abort Capture".
You should uncheck as well "abort capture on dropped frames".
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Raul Davalos
Re: FC doesn't capture DV as it did before
on Nov 17, 2009 at 12:38:10 am

Rafael, thanks so much for your post. I have done as you've suggested and I still get the same issue. I've even switched Firewire cables. What's puzzling is that I've captured some of these DV tapes before and I'm still getting that message. I just tried again before I wrote this and it goes through the same thing: after I hit "Capture Now" it plays for a second or less, stops, it says its is "searching for timecode breaks" while it goes back and forth frame by frame, and then, after preparing to cue and pre-roll, it displays "operation could not be completed as there is no video". Still puzzled. I know it will eventually be found to be some tiny setting change made inadvertently.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]