FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing full res from XDCAM Transfer into FCP???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sue Lawson
Importing full res from XDCAM Transfer into FCP???
on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:52:16 pm

I'm using XDCAM transfer (v. 2.10.0) to import clips in to FCP 6.0.6, but I must have missed something because clips in XDCAM transfer are only proxies... I don't want to work with the proxies...

What do I need to change so the clips that show up in the transfer window are full res so I can import full res...???

I've installed both the XDCAM Drive Software as well as PDZKP1-XDT-v2_10 on my Mac Pro (8-core running Leopard 10.5.8)... did I miss something???

... and while we're on the subject, any idea why I'm not able to access the XDCAM Transfer User Guide?

Thanks in advance! I'm sure it's something quick and easy that I'm missing.

BTW: I did post this same question in the Sony XDCAM forum, but I need an answer FAST! So... apologies to the herd for the duplication.

-- Sue

Mac Pro (8 core) 3 GHz
12 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1900 (512 MB)

Mac OS X 10.5.8

Final Cut Studio 2
FCP 6.0.6 Compressor 3.0.5 Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2 Motion 3.0.2 DVDSP 4.2.1

Return to posts index

Tamas Erdosi
Re: Importing full res from XDCAM Transfer into FCP???
on Nov 13, 2009 at 5:09:03 pm

The clips in the viewer of XDcam transfer software show up as proxies not full res.You can set in/out points there which part of a certain clip want to capture to your computer.Here you work with proxies.After you hit import it starts capturing the XDcam files to the folder you set for them (from omf/mxf to mov files).The .mov files are full res files which you can directly use in FCP.All you have to do is to import them when you are in FCP.

If the clips come in as proxies (.mov files) after you hit import in XDcam transfer, make sure everything is set correct in your preferences and import options.It should then work.

http://www.tamaserdosi.eu

Tamas Erdosi / http://www.tamaserdosi.eu

Return to posts index

Sue Lawson
Re: Importing full res from XDCAM Transfer into FCP???
on Nov 13, 2009 at 6:17:02 pm

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for the response. I didn't realize that if they showed up as proxies in the XDCAM Transfer viewer, they would still import full-res into FCP.

Now... back to work! ;-D

-- Sue

Mac Pro (8 core) 3 GHz
12 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1900 (512 MB)

Mac OS X 10.5.8

Final Cut Studio 2
FCP 6.0.6 Compressor 3.0.5 Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2 Motion 3.0.2 DVDSP 4.2.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]