FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcp keyboard problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Kielland
fcp keyboard problem
on Nov 13, 2009 at 10:21:01 am

I just got a new mac thats been used with some kind of wierd keyboard setup. And in finish (I think)

I swapped the language on the mac and changed fcp to the default settings, but fcp wont recognize my keyboard :( All other programs seem to work flawlessly.

I tried saving saving the settings on a few of the other macs (with the correct language) in my office and loading them on my new mac, but theres allways one or more of my keys that arent working.

The best Ive managed to do is having every key working except from forward delete. Im editing on it every day and Id really like to get all the keys working.

Is there any way of sorting this out without reinstalling fcp?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: fcp keyboard problem
on Nov 13, 2009 at 11:42:07 am

bottom line seems to be that FCP does not play nicely with too many foreign keyboards / layouts ... try to find yourself a standard US or UK keyboard and work with that and you should be fine. might be a good reason to buy that dedicated FCP keyboard / overlay you always wanted :-)

Return to posts index

Jan Kielland
on Nov 13, 2009 at 12:36:36 pm

thanks, but Ive tried using the US settings aswell. I dont really want a fcp keybord as I think it will make everything to easy and Ill get spoiled and lazy :p

Ill have another go exporting a us default layout and importing it into this mac with the US key turned on.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Nov 13, 2009 at 1:15:41 pm

Try this:

1) Each time you start your computer, go to System Settings - International
2) Change the language from your language to English
3) Change the language from English to your language
4) Start FCP
5) Your shortcuts and the FCP shortcuts work OK

You have to do this each time you restart the computer.

(taken from http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10116021�)

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:03:21 pm

If you know how to use Automator, maybe you can write an instruction that handles this for you by itself every day.

Return to posts index

Jan Kielland
on Nov 16, 2009 at 9:09:15 am

changed to the us settings, choose default in fcp and swapped back to norwegian with apple space. seems like everything is working now :D

thanks alot for your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]