FORUMS: list search recent posts

field priority issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
field priority issue
on Nov 12, 2009 at 1:53:50 pm

Hello. I posted this on a "Canon camcorders forum", but I am not sure where it belogs.
I am experiencing what seems a strange problem to me. I own two HF100 an one recently bought HF S100. I log and transfer the footage on three cards coming from the camcorders in FCP to Prores422. While I edit in a Prores422 sequence, outputting in real time to a lcd TV full HD via an Intensity card, everything is fine. Now, when I am done with the editing, and I need to deliver in PAL DV, I copy the edit on a PAL DV sequence, render, and all of the footage coming from the HF100 looks just fine, while the one coming from the HF S100 i jerky. I apply a video shift field effect to -1 to the jercky footage, render, and it becomes just fine. I tried changing the sequence field order (set it to upper first, and then to lower first), but nothing changes. What can it depend upon?
Thank you in advance, and best regards
Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: field priority issue
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:32:54 pm

Hi Fabrizio,
If its works with the Shift-fields fileter, the problem, I guess, is that FC doesn't interpret properly the footage field order. You have to make sure that in the Browser the footage shows up withe the proper field order. Then edit in a sequence with the same field order.
The

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Re: field priority issue
on Nov 12, 2009 at 4:00:28 pm

Hi.
It seems you're right here. I checked the browser, and while the footage coming from the HF100 is marked as "upper field", the one coming from the HF S100 shows "none". Now, is there some way I understand if the problem is with FCP not interpreting right the footage coming from that cam, or a problem with the cam itself?
Thank you, and best regards
Fabrizio

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]