FORUMS: list search recent posts

From VIDEO_TS to .dv to DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Montgomery
From VIDEO_TS to .dv to DVD
on Nov 12, 2009 at 6:32:14 am

Heyhey

Anybody double check my workflow here? Trying to do this without sacrificing too much of the image quality and not giving me an aneurism at the same time. A feat of wonder!

Screening a line up of different films from different directors this weekend and I need to know that what I'm doing is right and makes sense.

I've got me a pile of DVD's, most of them VIDEO_TS format. Ripped them individually and now I want to group them on DVDs so that they'll play in sets and don't have to switch discs in between every single film.

So here's what I've got...Rip VIDEO_TS to hard drive, drop into Compressor, transcode to Quicktime with ProRes, from there I can import to FCP and edit if need be, then export from Compressor again using DVD Best Quality 90 min settings.

Or if I don't have to edit, take the VIDEO_TS go straight to exporting out with DVD Best Quality settings. Then take everything and author a DVD in DVDSP.

Can I have a couple cents from you gents? Does this make sense or is there an easier way?

Thanks all!

Nick Montgomery

Cinematographer / Editor
Synn Studios Inc.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: From VIDEO_TS to .dv to DVD
on Nov 12, 2009 at 3:19:43 pm

No reason to transcode unless you plan to edit any portions of the video. Just demux the MPEG2 streams and re-author together.

Return to posts index

Scott Howard
Re: From VIDEO_TS to .dv to DVD
on Nov 12, 2009 at 7:26:06 pm

Yes, I just did a couple similar projects like this. I demux in MPEG StreamClip to MPEG2 and audio of your choice. Then just drop those files into DVDSP. You can do simple trimming in either StreamClip or DVDSP. You might have to watch the bit rate coming out of StreamClip if you are putting a lot of files on one dvd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]