FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip "OPEN"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron martinez
Multiclip "OPEN"
on Nov 11, 2009 at 10:14:50 am

Hello,

i wanted to ask about something i find a little odd. I edit in Multiclip mode, and i like to work with the little switch in the viewer monitor set to open so i can see the various angels at the same time and edit on the fly... my problem is, for whatever reason, sometimes the viewer monitor does not display the various angles and only displays the selected angel...the angels are displayed when the playhead does not move, but as soon as i press play, the selected angel fills the screen...

I have the viewe monitor set to "Open" and the timeline set to "multiclip playback".

does anyone know how to change this?

thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Multiclip "OPEN"
on Nov 11, 2009 at 12:46:45 pm

Make sure the option to show "four" up or more is selected under the button that you would set the optoin to "image and wireframe" is selected for the number of cameras you want to view at the same time. If it is, then trash your preferences...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

James Fowler
on Nov 11, 2009 at 1:14:34 pm

Hi,
I've been cutting a concert and have had the same problem. I worked out that the timeline had auto rendered and had basically rendered the base angle on the timeline. I just switched off the video track, got the "you're going to loose your renders dummy" message, clicked ok, lost the renders and the multiclip sequence played with the angles displayed in real-time in the viewer. If your computer has been left to it's own devices for a wee while, it's probably done the same thing. Give that a go, if not preference trash is probably the way to go.
Regards,
James.

James Fowler
Definition Media
http://www.definitionmedia.co.uk

Return to posts index

Erik Talbert
on Dec 1, 2009 at 1:00:33 am

Thanks James, I had the same problem and tried your solution (turning off the video track) and that corrected the problem. Indeed, it seems to be the auto render that changed this in the first place. I was about two minutes into troubleshooting this (and beginning to get frustrated) when I decided to turn to the Cow. Just want to let everyone know this thread has helped more than one person. Much props!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:25:41 pm

When playhead sync is set to Open make sure you do NOT playback or make the viewer the active window or click in the viewer or make any changes in the viewer unless the timeline or canvas are in playback. When you are in Open mode the Viewer is simply responding to the timeline output.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]