FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion templates not showing up on my system

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
motion templates not showing up on my system
on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:18:42 am

Okay once again my system is having issues with projects I'm bring home.

Short story - doesn’t seem like motion master templates are working.

Long story
All systems on 10.6.1 (had the problem with my system with 10.5.8)
FCP 6.0.6 - All 4 system
All files are on a external Sata drive that I'm moving from system to system.
the problem, the project has several motion templates for full screen graphics and lower thirds with text fields to input text.
Worked at the office on 2 systems (MacPro and G5 quad)
Place motion files throughout the sequences all is fine, day to day everything works fine.

Bring the drive home and open the project files and all the places where I have the motion templates in the sequences have a red render color, put the playhead over one and it does not show up, open the template in the viewer from bin or sequence, nothing shows up, but the control tab has the type in there.

If I do a “find in finder” it goes to the correct file. If I do a “open in editor” it opens in Motion and everything shows up correctly.

In the bin if I do a “make offline” I get No items have files that are applicable to this operation.

Anyone have any idea what in the world is going on. And how do I link all the template clips in the timeline to the clips.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: motion templates not showing up on my system
on Nov 11, 2009 at 5:38:56 am

Well did a reinstall of Motion and FCP (after using FCS Remover to uninstall those apps) and seems to have fixed it.

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Oct 28, 2010 at 5:41:07 pm

Thanks for the solution. I am having the same problem. i will try a preferences delete using preference manager first. Then I will try a reinstall...if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. Thanks. I will follow up with my results.

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
on Oct 29, 2010 at 3:53:36 pm

Folks, I was struggling with this issue for months although I hadn't really focused on it. Turns out it was fixed in the Motion 3.0.2 update.
See the release notes:
http://www.apple.com/support/releasenotes/en/Motion_3.0_rn/
All I did to fix it was install this update along with a Quicktime update. and voila! I feel a bit silly to not have tried this before but apparently I am not alone. Remember, start with the updates that are essential. I wouldn't update everything at once. You might end up with more problems and less of a handle on the situation. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]