FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurry End Product

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enda Grace
Blurry End Product
on Nov 10, 2009 at 8:12:17 pm

Hi all.

This is my first post on CreativeCow so bear with me.

I'm a wedding and sports videographer and I've been using final cut studio for about 10 months now and am getting very frustrated. I hope you guys can help me out.

My problem is when I play back my finished DVD on a television, there are two major problems. 1. The picture is quite simply a tad blurry. It's almost like it's a little out of focus. 2. The images I have made in Final Cut as still images are shaky.

I used Sony Vegas for a number of years before this and always had a crystal clear end product. I felt I wanted to move on though to what I've been told is the King of editing products and advance myself by doing so. I want to expand my small company and do so with FCP.

Workflow: I use a Sony HDR FX1 camera and film in standard def. I then batch capture to fcp via firewire PAL DV. After editing I render and export quick time movie to DVD Studio Pro. I then author and burn to Verbatim Lightscribe DVDs.

Many thanks in advance guys and I look forward to your replys.

Enda.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Blurry End Product
on Nov 10, 2009 at 9:25:16 pm

The best workflow to DVD has been covered here many times. Perhaps a search of this forum will sort out your problems.

Also study up on field order and again searching here will answer a lot. For the record, I would not be shooting and editing in DV codec with an HDV camera.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Blurry End Product
on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:30:42 am

[Michael Gissing] "The best workflow to DVD has been covered here many times."

Three times today, in fact!

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved