FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Playback Settings Erased

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Torti
Video Playback Settings Erased
on Nov 10, 2009 at 8:04:19 pm

My video playback settings have been deleted from FCP, most importantly my Blackmagic 10 bit NTSC setting (which I use for digi layoff).

I use a variety of blackmagic playback settings, but they have all been disconnected from my system and are no longer available in either the View > Video Playback option or Audio Video Settings > Video Playback.

Do you have advice on how to reconnect? Please note I have another edit station with the same version of FCP installed, which has all of the video playback settings working properly - is there a way I can copy them from that machine?

Thanks for your help, Creative Cow is undeniably the most reliable source for post-production insight.

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
Re: Video Playback Settings Erased
on Nov 10, 2009 at 9:26:42 pm

Matt- MacHD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Custom Settings>

HTH,
Jerry

G5 Dual 3GB Ram
FCP Studio 6.02
External 1 TB SATA Raid 0
Kona LH, Second system w AJA ioLA
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

Matt Torti
on Nov 10, 2009 at 10:55:01 pm

okay great, thanks Jerry. Now I know they are here - how do I relink the settings to fcp?

I should add, that when I switch users on this computer I can access all of the video playback settings. Since they are located in Library > App Support, they are centralized, and narrows the problem down considerably.

Do you have any aren't they being recognized by the computer's main login?

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
on Nov 11, 2009 at 6:23:46 am

Matt- Just make sure the Easy Setup you want is in the proper folder. Another place to look is MacHD>Applications>Final Cut Pro Additional Easy setups. A quick way to find which folder is active is to create a phony custom Easy Setup within FCP then go to the desk top and search the MacHD for the phony setup. Bingo.... that's where you put you put the setups you want active. The extension for setups is .fcpre.

HTH,
Jerry

G5 Dual 3GB Ram
FCP Studio 6.02
External 1 TB SATA Raid 0
Kona LH, Second system w AJA ioLA
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]