FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurry Video DVDs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Cuellar
Blurry Video DVDs
on Nov 10, 2009 at 5:31:16 pm

I have a client that wants to play the videos I shot for them on thier computer monitors.....the dvd"s look good when played on a TV...but when played on Computer screens and laptops...its all blurry...what gives...you know?
I have noticed also that even if you play a Blockbuster rental on a computer...it tends to be blurry.

Using FCP 4.5
and iDVD

Return to posts index

Mike Raff
Re: Blurry Video DVDs
on Nov 10, 2009 at 6:15:34 pm

Hi, Pete

If the TV is a CRT, then that might explain the difference. You might try applying a de-interlace filter in Final Cut before you export your movie to iDVD (Effects>Video Filters>Video>De-interlace).

If I recall correctly, I think FCP 4.5 predated the Final Cut Suite and could be purchased as a "stand alone" application. But if you aquired FCP as part of the Production Suite, then you may also have Compressor and DVD Studio Pro at your disposal. Learning to use them, even at a basic level, should probably result in DVDs of a higher quality than iDVD is capable of.

Hope that helps.

Mike Raff
Richmond, VA

Return to posts index

Hector Silva
Re: Blurry Video DVDs
on Nov 10, 2009 at 9:06:19 pm

DVDs are standard definition. Your computer's display is at least two to three times as high in resolution so every pixel needs to be doubled or tripled (or worse) in size.

Select 'actual size' in the view menu of DVD Player and I bet it looks clean, since the window will be resized to around 720x480.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]