FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weirdest Exporting Error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Watts
Weirdest Exporting Error
on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:15:55 pm

Admittedly new to the FCP world.
When making a QT file to email for client approval, one clip in one layer doesn't seem to show in the render. It's on layer 4. There are video layers above and below it.
All of the clips are from one long 37 min capture from DV. All other timeline clips on layer 4 show up fine. This happens whether exporting from FCP or using compressor.
When previewing timeline in compressor, clip does not show. Also I've tried making a .wmv using Flip for Mac or QT, same result. The only way I'm getting around it right now is to print to tape and recapture. That's OK for approvals, but need to make a DVD when finalized. Anyone seen this before? FCP Studio 3, latest Mac OS without snow leopard.

Thanks

John Watts

Return to posts index

Max Christensen
Re: Weirdest Exporting Error
on Nov 9, 2009 at 11:59:01 pm

Could the clip be disabled?

Right-click on the clip, to check enable,/disable.

Return to posts index

John Watts
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:08:53 am

The clip is enabled. It appears fine when playing the timeline both in the computer monitor and on an NTSC monitor. Problem occurs only when exporting.

John Watts

Return to posts index

Max Christensen
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:15:41 am

Is this one particular clip, a seperate footage. or is it a bit from a long clip.

Could be the clip is corrupt.

Return to posts index

John Watts
on Nov 10, 2009 at 1:45:52 am

It is part of the large clip.

John Watts

Return to posts index

John Watts
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:24:35 pm

Problem resolved. Had something to do with cropping. I have the cropping jumping all over the place in quick edits. Just made a minor change to the effect and it all seems ok now. Thanks for the help.

John Watts

Return to posts index

John Watts
on Nov 10, 2009 at 3:40:57 am

Bit of an update here.
Went to add some text on top of this same area...and the renders within FCP result in the same as exporting...a clip has vanished.
I noticed when playing the clip in real time, it looks fine, but when scrubbing the timeline, it is gone.
Seems like it needs to render, except, the magic little color lines tell me it does not need to.
Hummm

John Watts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]