FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Gilbert
Exporting in FCP 7
on Nov 9, 2009 at 5:31:09 pm

Using Final Cut Pro 7, when I export "a quicktime movie" or export "using quicktime conversion," (even when I custom set the size of the movie file) quicktime reads the file this way:

Format: 720x486
Normal Size: 655x486
Current Size: 655x486

When I re-import the file into FCP, everything seems to be fine, however, I don't understand why quicktime is displaying the movie at 655x486. My only guess is that Quicktime (7.6.4), is trying to compensate for the square/nonsquare pixels issue.

Oddly, however, once I have the movie file opened in Quicktime, I can then export it from Quicktime and make a file that reads:

Format: 720x486
Normal Size: 720x486
Current Size: 720x486

What is happening here? I have not had this problem in previous versions of Final Cut.

Return to posts index

Alex Barreto
Re: Exporting in FCP 7
on Jul 7, 2010 at 10:41:04 pm

We were having this same issue. Very frustrating until we found the fix - which is really simple. Once you export your clip from the timeline, open the resulting .mov file in Quicktime Pro. Open the Movie Properties window. Under the Presentation tab, un-check the "Conform aperture to" check mark. Your movie should change size to 720x486. Make sure and save the file and you should be set.

Alex Barreto
Vapor Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]