Batch Capture Wierdness

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Newbigging
Batch Capture Wierdness
on Nov 9, 2009 at 1:53:10 pm

Hi,

I'm about to throw my Mac out a window.

I've got two hours of offline clips that I'm trying to batch capture in hdv108050i.

Everything was working fine the other day, then today - Batch Capture is not working at all. When I try to capture any of the clips, the camera shuttles to roughly a minute AFTER the starting timecode and tries to find the in point. After three times it gives up and tells me "unable to locate time code".

I've tried trashing the prefs. I'm using Final Cut Studio 2, everything is up to date. There is plenty of pre-roll as I'm trying to capture sections from long interviews.

I'm using a Sony Z1 to capture. I've tried capturing in DV PAL and it found the in point ok, but then tells me that there are dropped frames on the tape. Can there be dropped frames on 15 seperate tapes all at once?

I can Capture Now and everything looks fine, but I've not got the time to trall through all the interviews again.

Thanks in advance,

David

Return to posts index

David Newbigging
Re: Batch Capture Wierdness
on Nov 9, 2009 at 3:25:47 pm

I've found the problem, I've made a big mistake.

When I logged the footage, I've done so under a 1080 6oi easy setup, instead of 1080 50i.

As a result, all the clips that I want to batch capture are showing a TC Rate of 30fps instead of 25fps!

I tried manually making a new offline clip and copying over the timecodes. The one clip I tried this on captures no problem at all.

Is there any way of changing the TC rate on the clips I've already logged, without having to cut and paste the TC into new offline clips?

I've tried changing the TC rate in the logging info window. I just get an error message. I've tried going into Modify>Timecode but 25fps is greyed out!

Help!

David

Return to posts index

Jorge Cantos
Re: Batch Capture Wierdness
on Jul 18, 2010 at 12:47:46 pm

Hi David,
I'm having this very same problem and I'm desperated.
I saw you found the problem but after you posted that, nobody told you how you could change the TC rate on the clips you had already logged. That's exactly what I need to do...
Did you find out how???

If you could share the knowledge, you'd help me A LOT!

Thank you very much

jor.G3/cantos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]