FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large Crawling title problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Godfred
Large Crawling title problem
on Nov 9, 2009 at 2:54:55 am

I'm trying to make a crawling title in Photoshop and am having difficulties due to the file size.

I created a Tiff that is 34,000 pixels wide and 300 pixels high with 150 resolution. It is 29.2MB. I tried to save as a PNG as I have done with all of my other titles and it would not let me, instead giving the option as Tiff or Adobe Large Format Document.

The end result will be for a 1920x1080 online so I've been making all of my non-scrolling and non-crawling titles that size.

Final Cut 6 would not let me import this Tiff.

Any help is much appreciated.

The reason why I'm doing this is because the crawl I created in FCP strobes.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Large Crawling title problem
on Nov 9, 2009 at 3:37:44 am

Is there a reason not to use the Boris' title tool for this? It should work like gang busters. FCP can't deal with files much larger than 4,000 pixels... Oddly though, I imported a picture file that was 9000 pixels across today and it actually worked OK... maybe the spec is a bit larger in FCP 7... dunno for sure.

But I'd sure use the Boris tool for the title crawl...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

William Carr
on Nov 9, 2009 at 6:11:26 am

Just last week I tested a long Photoshop roll against Boris in the 720 23.98 project we were finishing. Also made a DVD to see how good (bad) it would look there. Boris won due to slightly less strobing and a whole lot more edit-ability. A long list of credits tend to get tweaked, revised and re-thought almost every time they are rendered, right up until the deadline.

When you say you created your title in FCP and it strobed, was it Boris roll?

Also, I think any PSD resolution above 72dpi only serves to slow things down or trip things up. Plus, you can bring your file in as a layered PSD or if you don't need layers try a PNG or TGA. TIFFs may be a problem.

Return to posts index

Aaron Godfred
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:01:31 pm

No, it wasn't Boris roll. This is the first time I've heard of Boris. My issue is that I don't have aftereffects and am on such a limited budget that we can't buy Boris. Any other suggestions? Thanks guys, Aaron

I'll lower the resolution and give that a try too.

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
on Nov 9, 2009 at 5:47:49 pm

The Boris Title Crawl generator is included in Final Cut. Drop down the menu under the button on the lower right side of the Viewer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]