FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flip files in FC

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Sniffen
Flip files in FC
on Nov 9, 2009 at 12:05:56 am

I have a bunch of Flip files I need to use in a SD timeline. I understand Flip files are not great in FC. I want to convert them all. Is there a way in Compressor to just bring them all in, apply the correct file output specs and do that in one stroke as opposed to exporting each file one at a time? And is there preferred file type to export to?

Thanks,
Scott Sniffen

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Flip files in FC
on Nov 9, 2009 at 3:57:52 am

If Compressor sees them OK, then I'd use ProRes 422 as the codec. If there's a lot of fast movement like sports or car racing shots, then use the HQ setting, and don't change the frame sizes from the originals.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Flip files in FC
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:24:47 pm

Jerry's suggestion of ProRes is a good one. I've done the conversion from Flip to ProRes a number of times very successfully. Be sure to turn on Frame Controls in Compressor's Inspector and choose the highest quality settings. This kind of encode can take a while, but the results are worth it.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]