FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 6 and Snow Leopard? Reports.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sharon Pieczenik
Final Cut Pro 6 and Snow Leopard? Reports.
on Nov 7, 2009 at 3:11:06 am

Hi Forum,

I am looking at buying a new mac laptop and it comes with Snow Leopard already installed. I have been reading forums about how people are having problems with Final Cut Pro 7 and Snow Leopard. I wasn't sure but it seemed like people needed to do a clean install of Snow Leopard and then Final Cut for it all to work. Is this true? Also, what are the reports on Snow Leopard and Final Cut Pro 6? If I bought a laptop with Snow Leopard and then installed FCP do you think it would be all right?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Sharon

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Pro 6 and Snow Leopard? Reports.
on Nov 7, 2009 at 5:59:02 am

I would go straight to both Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and FCP 7.0.1 .This is what I have just done and it has been running lean, mean and stable for the past few weeks on a brand new MacPro.

I would be wary of FCP 6 on Snow Leopard.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Nov 7, 2009 at 6:28:16 am

Been running FCP 6.06 on SL since the day it came out, on an oco-core Pro. Been flawless.
I think the secret is to do a clean install of the OS and pro aps, which isn't a factor if SL is pre-installed.

Return to posts index

Paul Bussey
on Jan 11, 2010 at 7:18:29 pm

Hi, sorry to sound like an amateur but what do you mean by 'I think the secret is to do a clean install of the OS and pro aps'. I'm assuming that a deinstall and reinstall of the Pro app is done, am I right? I to would like to upgrade my OS to Snow Leopard but continue using FCP 6 (FCS2) until I can justify the cost of the upgrade. Thanks in advance.

buss69

Return to posts index

Sharon Pieczenik
on Nov 7, 2009 at 3:24:56 pm

Thanks for the information. I would love to be using Final Cut Pro 7, but I just don't have the money for it. For now, I need to work with what I got.

Return to posts index

Brad Kopp
on Nov 8, 2009 at 1:33:26 pm

I use FC 6.0.6 on a new MBP w/snow.. have not had any problems.

Moto Guzzi rider
dog lover w/wife, Ex & 3 kids

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]