FORUMS: list search recent posts

capturing audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Martinez
capturing audio
on Nov 7, 2009 at 1:14:56 am

I have a ADVC-300 box and a Macbook pro that is about 2 weeks old. Im trying to convert some cassette tapes to CDs using my laptop. I cant get FCP studio 5 to record the audio. Im using a SOny tape deck with RCA plugs connected to the out of the tape deck going into the INput RCA jacks on the front of the ADVC300 unit. I have a 9 pin firewire going out of the back of the advc300 box going into the firewire 800 slot in the macbook book pro. I hooked up the video port to a cam corder because i was told i needed to have the video jack activated or something like that. I even used a 9 pin to 4 pin cable from the ADVc300 to the macbook pro and still no luck. I changed the input on the soundcard settings on the mac to line input from the MIc setting. I have bootcamp installed on my computer and also have adobe premiere and adobe audition 2.0 on the windows side. ive tried all three with little luck. What am i doing wrong or is there something else I need to buy?

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: capturing audio
on Nov 7, 2009 at 6:46:14 am

Can you capture or see the incoming video or audio in the capture window?
Is the ADVC set to be in analog to digital mode? You need to press the silver switch so the analog in light is on.
Is the camera that's feeding video, on and feeding video? And is that video of the same standard that the ADVC is set to? Meaning is the camera NTSC and Canopus set to NTSC, or PAL and PAL.

And in FCP your easy setup also has to be the same NTSC or PAL.

Finally, the AFVC needs to be set to 48 kHz_16bit.

The NTSC, PAL, and audio 48kHz can be set on the ADVC using DIP switches. Pg 17 of the manual describes it.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]