FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re-Interlacing progressives

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
casey herbert
Re-Interlacing progressives
on Nov 6, 2009 at 6:44:54 pm

I've an animated sequence, intentionally rendered 1920 x 1080 @ 60 FPS.
I routinely re-interlace material like this to add an extra level of smoothing to the motion without resorting to rendered motion blur. I re-interlace using the old A|W Composer product, and it offers the standard odd or even dominance.
So I spit out a set of images that are re-interlaced making my original 1800 progressive frames now 900 interlaced. I take them into After Effects and spit them out as an uncompressed Quicktime. Here's where we get to FCP.

My client takes my Quicktimes, loads them into FCP and when they run them out the fields are obviously reversed. Of course I've tried both odd and even settings when rendering them out of AE to no avail. Everything I try results in their environment as something that looks like fields being backwards.

I propose that I simply give them the parent run of 60FPS progressive 1800 rendered images, and let them re-interlace in FCP as appropriate.

Is this a viable solution? Not being a FCP user (non-mac) what should I suggest to them as a setup that would/should work.
Thanks!

Casey

Chief Pixel Wrangler
Flying Foto Factory, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]