FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting for Vimeo and YouTube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tomas dinapoli
Exporting for Vimeo and YouTube
on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:16:13 pm

I have a 2 minute 3 second music video that that I shot on Super 8, converted to BetaSP during Telecine. On the timeline it is 10 bit uncompressed, 720x486, 29.97.

I've done a fair mount of Export/Quicktime Conversions and have run several tests with this footage. None of them are looking good when I upload to Vimeo and YouTube. The footage is either slightly blurred or the image feels "jumpy" and stutter in parts.

I have been exporting using the H.264 codec, Key frames set to AUTOMATIC, I've been playing with the RESTRICT TO kbts/sec feature ranging from 1000 to 8000.

I have been using a custom size in the size setting tyring both 720x486 and 360x243. I have been checking DE INTERLACE source video.

The video includes a lot of movement but also slow moments. It was mostly shot at 24fps in camera, with a few slow motion moments in 36fps, also in camera on the super 8.

I hope I've given enough information so that someone can be of help. Essentially I'm looking for some advice and what I should be doing differently with my export settings.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Exporting for Vimeo and YouTube
on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:43:26 pm

set the h.264 max bitrate for 2,000 for video.

the resolution should be 640x480.

don't de-interlace

you will get the best quality on youtube,facebook, vimeo etc... with these settings.

I use mpeg stream clip to do this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]