FORUMS: list search recent posts

QuickTime component for XDCAM 1080 30p

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Rich
QuickTime component for XDCAM 1080 30p
on Nov 5, 2009 at 1:32:38 pm

Hi, I'm running QuickTime Player 7.5.5 and Final Cut Pro 4.1.2, and cannot play XDCAM 1080 30p footage, I believe it's from an EX1 or -3. I know I need a component to play this, anyone know what component and where to find it?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: QuickTime component for XDCAM 1080 30p
on Nov 5, 2009 at 6:55:09 pm

The component would be Final Cut Pro 6.0.4 or higher. The codecs for that format, really only come with FCP. You cannot use 6 year old software to edit camera technology invented 4-5 years after it was released. If you want to edit XDCAM EX footage, you have to upgrade to FCP 6 or 7. And you need an Intel Mac to deal with that format.

Or you find someone who has that rig, who then imports it, and converts it to a format you can deal with, like DVCPRO HD. No...wait, DVCPRO HD support in FCP hit at version 4.5. That won't work either.

Time to enter the 21st Century and get a new rig and editing software.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Colin Rich
Re: QuickTime component for XDCAM 1080 30p
on Nov 5, 2009 at 7:19:07 pm

Thanks for the tip about the codec only being available for FCP 6. I made a colossal typo in my post, we're running 5.1.2. So your tip of using DVCPro HD could work. Excellent! Also, in my defense, I'm not the owner of the company I work for, just a mere peon, I obviously realize what old equipment I'm working with-- I deal with it everyday!

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]