FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panny Pro Plasma model questions for client monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bussé
Panny Pro Plasma model questions for client monitor
on Nov 5, 2009 at 12:28:21 am

I recommended the TH-50PF11UK 50" 1080p 2 million pixels and 30k contrast. But it looks like the room will need something larger, so I'm looking at the 2 58" models; the TH-58PH10UKA only has 10k contrast and 1366x768 resolution. The TH-58PF12UK has 40k contrast and full 1080p native. Neither have 2 million pixels, and I don't think they have the anti-reflective connection. I don't need the HD-SDI board swap options for this application.

I think real 10k contrast is probably fine, but I'd like opinions on the differences between these two models. Are they both as accurate with colors as the TH-50PF11UK, and do they offer the same controls for getting the screen accurately calibrated? Also, is the TH-50PF11UK really that much better of an image than the TH-58PF12UK?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Panny Pro Plasma model questions for client monitor
on Nov 5, 2009 at 1:19:38 am

We're still running a 3 year old 8k 50" model. The contrast ratio on that one is still spectacular and ANY of the current Panasonic plasmas will serve you well as a Client monitor.

I don't put any of the 1080p in our edit suites, i'm going to put one into our Color grading suite but the other 8 will just be the 720p native monitors and most likely fed either by Component or HDMI.

The 720p native monitors display 1080 beautifully. I would save the money unless you feel you absolutely positively MUST have 1080p.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Panny Pro Plasma model questions for client monitor
on Nov 5, 2009 at 3:40:45 pm

We've got the TH-58PH10UKA in our conference room. It looks awesome, easily matching the 50's we have in our on-line rooms.

Depending on your needs, we've found the SDI card really makes connecting decks quite simple. If it's too pricey, then the AJA Hi 5 HDMI converter works well too.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]