FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really, really weird multiclip issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Lane
Really, really weird multiclip issues
on Nov 4, 2009 at 7:22:14 pm

Ok, I know you are all going to think I am nuts, but I swear this is what is happening. I edit videos for one particular client. These videos are shot on a variety of Sony cameras (PD-170s and 150s and occasionally FX1s in DV mode). When I create muticlips, one of three things happens.

1. They act perfectly normal (about 10% of the time)
2. I set in-points for both clips, just like #1. However, when I switch from angle one to the other angle, the second angle jumps to a totally different part of the footage. If I click back on angle one, angle two jumps back to where it should be. This makes the multiclip useless. This happens on about 70 percent of the proects I get from them. All the footage is DV 29.97 720x480. The solution is to pick an in-point and an outpoint on each clip, and create subclips of equal lengths. This is annoying because often times the in-point used for syncing is not where I want the two clips to start.
3. The multiclip seems normal, but one angle will show up as a variable framerate, even though both are 29.97. The variable angle will drift if left on the screen for long periods.

It is ONLY with footage from this company that this happens. I do projects with other companies using multiclip cutting all the time and never see this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's like the Final Cut Twilight Zone.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]