FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Running FCP 7 & Three Displays

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dorian Gray
Problem Running FCP 7 & Three Displays
on Nov 3, 2009 at 8:59:17 am

I am trying to setup a new 8 core mac to run three screens with fcp 7. The mac is correctly set-up to run three LCD displays, with two identical graphics cards and no issues when running the usual desktop.

I have read that final cut will only utilise one of the graphics cards when it comes to selecting the preview screens, but the issue I have found is that it will not run the preview screen at all (other than making it black). In audio video settings I set FCP to run a desktop preview screen, then turned on all frames under the external video tab in the view menu, then get nothing but black when I try to play the timeline on the preview monitor.

However, when I unplug the third screen and just run two monitors, the desktop preview screen runs perfectly on the second monitor. Anyone know why this is?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Problem Running FCP 7 & Three Displays
on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:25:22 pm

Final Cut Studio does not support two graphics cards at this time. In fact Color will not operate with two graphics cards at this time.

This has been covered numerous times on this forum.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Problem Running FCP 7 & Three Displays
on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:12:02 pm

Click the Screen icon in the menu bar and in "Recent Items" set 10.
It may work.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]