FORUMS: list search recent posts

No XDCAM option on export menu

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roche
No XDCAM option on export menu
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:29:13 pm

Were running Final Cut version 7.0.1. There doesn't appear to be an XDCAM option on the export menu. Any idea why not?

I'm trying to export from FCP to files suitable for playback on an EX3 for reference on a shoot.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: No XDCAM option on export menu
on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:40:56 am

You need to install Sony's XDCAM Transfer app:
http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowSiteSection.action?sectiontype=BC%20Tool...

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:54:13 am

You know what is strange about this...just the other day, I had some EX3 footage delivered to me and when I opened it, it imported fine and the options in my Easy Setup and codec options magically transformed to include the XDCAM EX codecs...I don't have XDCAM transfer software installed.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:14:59 am

[Jason Brown] "You know what is strange about this..."

Not strange Jason. The codecs and setups etc are part of FCS and have nothing to do with XDCAM Transfer ... however the Sony XDCAM Import and Export components that can be found in FCP's File > Import and File > Export menu are not a native part of FCP and are only installed when you install XDCAM Transfer.

Note that you don't need the Import component to use FCP's own Log and Transfer interface with XDCAM EX footage as that support is now native in FCP7, but you do need XDCAM Transfer's Export component if you want to export your back to the raw XDCAM EX/HD format.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:27:42 am

Ahhh...

Good info! Thanks.

-Jason

Return to posts index

David Roche
on Nov 11, 2009 at 7:52:02 pm

Hey Andy, I found that software right after making this post. Sorry that I didn't thank you for responding before now. That was terribly bad form! Have a good one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]