FORUMS: list search recent posts

Both FCP and Avid MC can's use this tape format!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bové
Both FCP and Avid MC can's use this tape format!
on Nov 2, 2009 at 12:17:03 pm

SONY HDV camera (Z5U) shot 1080i 24p. That's right, 1080i 24p is the readout on the camera's display. Using a SONY Z7U as a deck. Firewire. Having AVID capture issues - same issues on MCA (HP8400) at work and Mac Pro (intel quad core) at home. Both systems up-to-spec. Also cannot capture in FCP.

Have newest versions of MS and FCP. Neither can see this format without burping timecode error messages every two seconds. In short, I've created EVERY project type in MC and tweaked every possible setting in FCP's video settings. Even turned off timecode in the capture window. Burp. "Cannot record this format without timecode selected."

Totally able to capture 30i NTSC no problem... but obviously I'm going to have to online this thing in HD soon.

Clues? I'll even accept After Effects as an answer at this point!

______
/-o-o-
`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey
`(___)

A picture says 1000 words. Editors give them meaning.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Both FCP and Avid MC can's use this tape format!
on Nov 2, 2009 at 12:25:02 pm

[Chris Bové] "Totally able to capture 30i NTSC no problem... but obviously I'm going to have to online this thing in HD soon. "

30i? What's that? I've never heard of a 30 interlaced fields per frame format....

My guess is set your systems for 1080i / 29.97 (or 1080i/60 as Sony likes to call it) and you should be able to capture your footage.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Both FCP and Avid MC can's use this tape format!
on Nov 2, 2009 at 2:24:59 pm

1080i / 24post likely means 24p with pulldown. Do as Walter says and capture plain 1080i. You can choose to remove the pulldown after capture, or you can try and use the 1080 24p HDV to ProRes setting. That might do it all in one go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]