FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert HD movies to ps3?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Dybeck
Convert HD movies to ps3?
on Oct 31, 2009 at 11:34:10 am

Hi
I have a ProRes 2k file that I want to convert to ps3. I have tried the regular mov format with h264 but the ps3 wont play it. I saw on the internet that ps3 wants mp4 but in Compressor the bitrate is limited to 2mb which is way to low. How do I get my HD material converted so it works on my ps3?
Thank you
(i got a Mac)

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Convert HD movies to ps3?
on Oct 31, 2009 at 5:35:28 pm

Check out compressor pack settings. Google "compressor pack" and you should find it. Tons of custom presets that include one for ps3. Worth the money!

Return to posts index

joey Orr
on Oct 31, 2009 at 10:59:34 pm

I've had success creating MP4s from 1080 50i Prores 422 HQ files using Sorenson Squeeze 4.5. I cut and graded a 3 min launch film to be looped on a PS3 on a 103 inch plasma at a motor show and the results were stunning. My understanding - which is flakey at the best of times - is that an MP4 for the PS3 needs to be compressed using the AVC Pro codec (what ever that is) which isn't available in compressor.

Here are my more relevant Sorenson Squeeze settings:

Format Constraints: None
Stream Type: Non - Streaming
Codec: Sorenson AVC Pro
Data Rate: 240000 Kps
Frame size: 1920 x 1080
Key Frame Every 10 frames

I recall that the PS3 wouldn't initially see the file on the memory stick which I used to transfer from Mac to PS3. I had to hit "show all" on the PS3's browser menu to reveal it for copying to the HD. I would also suggest keeping the file name short and simple with no spaces.

Let us know if and how you're able to crack it. In fact you're welcome to send me a short sample of the sequence for a test squeeze!

Hope this helps,

Joe

N.B.
As far as I'm concerned encoding, compressing and transcoding files is a black art and I aint no witch doctor so excuse me if some of what I say is mumbo jumbo. All those digital evangelists out there who are more enlightened than I please feel free to correct my sinful ways.

Happy all hallows eve....

Return to posts index

Simon Dybeck
on Nov 1, 2009 at 3:58:12 pm

Hi
Thanks for your answers. I made a mp4 successfully in Quicktime Player 7. There I could have higher bitrates and the file played on the ps3. If I get some money over CramCompressor seems nice.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]