FORUMS: list search recent posts

TimecodeBased Sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bronek Sniezek
TimecodeBased Sequence
on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:00:14 pm

I am wondering if it is possible to create a sequence that would allow me to drop clips in while the sequence automatically matches my timecode to that of the sequence. For example, on a two camera shoot, both cams are timecode synced according to time of day. I would like to create a sequence that would allow me to drop all of my clips onto the timeline and have them synced according to time of day (i realize that the timecode would be laid-out according to time of day in the sequence in fcp). i could drop-in camera 1 first on the first audio/video tracks, then adjust where i want camera 2's tracks to be, and then drop in camera 2 and have it all synced up. is this possible in fcp?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: TimecodeBased Sequence
on Oct 30, 2009 at 7:30:30 pm

Check out sequenceLiner from Spherico Film Tools. It will do just what you need.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bronek Sniezek
on Oct 30, 2009 at 8:07:53 pm

hmmm... thanks for the suggestion. The App just gives me an error when i try to run it. Are there any Plug-Ins that would allow me to do this right in fcp?

bronek

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 30, 2009 at 9:21:41 pm

[Bronek Sniezek] "The App just gives me an error when i try to run it. "

All you need ot do is export an XML of the project with a timeline set to your proper capture settings, put that in the app, hit line up and save, and then it reimports an XML into FCP.

It's really easy.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]