FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6 Export Batch List to Premiere Pro?? HOW???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Madison
FCP 6 Export Batch List to Premiere Pro?? HOW???
on Oct 30, 2009 at 1:50:59 pm

Ok, I have a project I am moving to a friends editor, and rather than re input all the several hundred clip infos, I would like to export the batch list.... then just import the list on the PP computer and just hit capture! But, when I select all the video clips and export a Batch List, it makes a file that PP doesn't read correctly and screws up things.... like puts the Media In information in the Clip Name column?!?!

To complicate things I am going from Mac FCP 6.0.6 to a PC based brand new Premiere Pro. Anyone got a how to on this rather than to Batch export everything to a AVI, because the Mac that has FCP would take a week to accomplish that, because I just cant have it sitting for that long of a time working and not making me money!!!

Anyone, HELP!!!

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: FCP 6 Export Batch List to Premiere Pro?? HOW???
on Oct 30, 2009 at 4:38:37 pm

Ah... Adobe to the rescue here!

With Premiere Pro CS4, you can import a FCP XML and have all of it come across. It doesn't matter in most cases that you're moving from Mac to PC either. The only case where it could be a problem is if the PC version of QT doesn't have the decoder for the format. However, ProRes is included. Apple HDV is not.

So...FCP>Export>XML>Type 4 (doesn't really matter here)
Move assets and XML over to the PC.
Launch Premiere Pro
Ctrl-I (or double click in project window to import)...
Navigate to XML file
Be impressed.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]