FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to find missing FCP sequence??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marilyn Pennell
How to find missing FCP sequence??
on Oct 29, 2009 at 8:57:34 pm

I have been editing a long project in FCP 5.1. The project had 3 different sequences. After bringing in (copy and paste) a section of Sequence #1 to #3, I saved and closed fcp. A while later--less than an hour, I opened up the project and Sequence 3 was gone--disappeared.

I searched all the bins and hard drives,etc. and cannot find it. I looked in Auto Save Vault but for some reason, that days' editing was not there--even though I have it set to save every 15:00.

Any suggestions about how to locate the missing sequence and/or how I should proceed from here would be greatly appreciated. (I don't want to lose a new sequence).

Thanks!

mdp

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to find missing FCP sequence??
on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:59:20 pm

There's something else you're not talking about. It could have been a change in capture scratch settings, disconnecting external hard drives, OS upgrade in the middle of a project, general FCP weirdness prior to the incident....

.... there's something else going on here that you didn't think was significant.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marilyn Pennell
on Oct 29, 2009 at 11:21:57 pm

Thanks Dave!

It may be one of those things! I was using files form 2 different hard drives and imported files from one drive to another and so maybe did change scratch disks.

Is it odd weird that the auto save didn't work though? Do you have any suggestions about what to do? I can't find the sequence on either of the hard drives anyway.

Thanks!

mdp

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 30, 2009 at 2:42:33 pm

I don't EVER mess with my capture scratch settings... in fact, the engineers at my station have threatened bodily harm to the person who does so. So that particular setting has become sort of invisible to me. But I bet if you scour all those extra drives, you'll stumble across the Auto Save files you seek.

And in the process, you'll learn a valuable lesson about needlessly fooling with the capture scratch settings in the middle of a project.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]