FORUMS: list search recent posts

Distortions during voice over using FCP 6.0.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Solange Clare
Distortions during voice over using FCP 6.0.5
on Oct 29, 2009 at 7:56:44 am

I have faced some problems while doing voice recording. It will be great if someone could advice on these problems.

1. Lagging/delay when recording.
2. Distortions when recording using Final Cut Pro (FCP)/Soundtrack Pro, but things seem okay when playing back and the distortions are not recorded. I’m not sure if these are due to lagging.

The following are the specs of the computer and the version of FCP that I’m using.

Machine Name: Power Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac 7, 3
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
CPU Speed: 2.3 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512GB
Memory: 2.5GB
Bus Speed: 1.15GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2 4f1
Audio Input: AJA KONA LS

Final Cut Pro Version: 6.0.5

Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Distortions during voice over using FCP 6.0.5
on Oct 29, 2009 at 6:09:32 pm

How are you recording? Explain what kind of mic, how's it plugged in, etc. Lagging often happens and is called latency. Some programs have a setting that affects latency. In some cases there's nothing you can do.

What kind of distortion are you hearing? Distortion is not related to latency. Since the distortion is not recorded it's probably in your monitor circuit. How are you monitoring the sound?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Solange Clare
Re: Distortions during voice over using FCP 6.0.5
on Oct 30, 2009 at 1:56:51 am

We have a soundbooth with a rode mic, with a full mixer.

We're not sure where to set the peak levels, so they should be set at the default levels. I doubt it's Latency, because we're doing co-voice recording, so the voice talents are not meeting any points in the video.

Strange "pops" are heard while recording, but yet there're not in the recording, but they exist while playing back. Yet when I change another comp, there problem ceases.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]