FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending to > Color from Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jean
Sending to > Color from Final Cut Pro
on Oct 28, 2009 at 5:57:43 pm

I am having trouble sending the same footage as seen in FCP to Color. There are two clips that I am trying to color mask. When I send the in and out points to Color, the clip is not the same in and out in FCP. What I am actually seeing in Color is the ENTIRE duration of the imported clip when I did the original log and capture. What I'd rather see in Color is the actual in an out points I've designated in my timeline in FCP.

My work flow for this project is as follows:

1. When I log and capture, I import all of my footage and then set in and out points to move to my time line in FCP.

2. In the FCP time line I set the in and out points for the clips I would like to modify using Color.

3. I click File > Send To > Color. When Color opens, some of my clips are not the actual in and out points I've set in my FCP time line and the clip is actually the ENTIRE duration of the specific clip. This makes for increased rendering times.

I've tried making these clip "independent clips" in FCP but doesn't help. Why is it sending the entire clip duration to Color.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

FYI - G5 MacPro Tower w/ 8GB of Ram, Final Cut Studio 2

David Jean
Final Cut Pro Editor
davidjeanproduction@gmail.com
Brentwood, TN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Sending to > Color from Final Cut Pro
on Oct 28, 2009 at 6:19:49 pm

You have to cut the clip at the in and out, delete the heads and tails, then send to Color.

Color reads the clip as it is in your timeline, not just the in and out point in the timeline.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Sending to > Color from Final Cut Pro
on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:33:53 pm

If there are speed changes on the clips you have to "bake" them by making them self contained movies and editing them back in before you go to color. Color 1.0 to 1.0.4 does not support speed changes.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]