FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demux mpeg2 to mpeg2?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonis Tsoukatos
Demux mpeg2 to mpeg2?
on Oct 28, 2009 at 2:01:21 pm

I desperately need to demux an mpeg and to have two files after the process: an .mpeg containing the video file, and the audio file.

I've tried ffmpegX, MpegStreamclip, ProjectX Demux and the mpgtx Demuxer and all of them output an m2v and an mp2.

I have been asked to take out the audio that came from a muxed NTSC Quicktime mpg file, with the UK voiceover audio counterpart. I have recorded the UK voiceover, with a 29.97fps in Pro Tools and sync'ed it within FCP. I was aiming to use the "Add to Movie" function within Quicktime Pro but alas! I wasn't savvy enough to think before hand or check if the mpeg I've been given is muxed...

I am trying not to change the video format along the way, as these clips are meant to go to the US iTunes store and ideally we could not afford any picture degradation due to one - or a couple...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Demux mpeg2 to mpeg2?
on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:24:25 pm

[Antonis Tsoukatos] "'ve tried ffmpegX, MpegStreamclip, ProjectX Demux and the mpgtx Demuxer and all of them output an m2v and an mp2....
I was aiming to use the "Add to Movie" function within Quicktime Pro but alas! I wasn't savvy enough to think before hand or check if the mpeg I've been given is muxed... "

No problem. an m2v file doesn't contain any audio. You could try your QT Pro trick with it if you want.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 28, 2009 at 5:04:57 pm

[Antonis Tsoukatos] "I've tried ffmpegX, MpegStreamclip, ProjectX Demux and the mpgtx Demuxer and all of them output an m2v and an mp2. "
What do you expect to get if your original MPEG-2 have embed M2p audio?

In MPEGStreamclip go to Demux> Demux to M2V and AIFF.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Antonis Tsoukatos
on Oct 30, 2009 at 2:53:49 pm

Cheers all...I don't mean to ask to much here but out of curiousity:

As it makes sense, upon blending the m2v file and the audio file, the new file is a .mov. I haven't sent the files yet, but as they originally delivered in a muxed mpg, is there a way to produce the same file type with no or minimal loss?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]