FORUMS: list search recent posts

QuickTime Conversion Default Export Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Reopelle
QuickTime Conversion Default Export Settings
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:05:54 pm

I want to streamline exporting NTSC DV Anamorphic video using mp4 compression. Currently that means I must go to QuickTime Conversion and change a bunch of settings each time. I've tried changing my sequence settings to use mp4 compression instead of DV compression and using Export>QuickTime Movie but the exported file never displays widescreen (but when doing this with the DV compressor it does.) When I use QuickTime Conversion the default settings are always H.264 637x358. Is there a way to make my default settings always mp4 NTSC 720x480 16:9? Who decided these default settings, and why can't I make my own? I do not want to include Compressor in my workflow. Any tips would be a great help!

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: QuickTime Conversion Default Export Settings
on Oct 27, 2009 at 9:25:57 pm

[Kevin Reopelle] "I do not want to include Compressor in my workflow. Any tips would be a great help!"

Then the simple answer is no. Why don't you want to use a superior transcoder like Compressor where you can set up your own custom settings and then just drag & drop?

You shouldn't change your sequence settings to H264. Stick with the native edit codec.

Return to posts index

Kevin Reopelle
Re: QuickTime Conversion Default Export Settings
on Oct 28, 2009 at 1:28:36 pm

I want to shrink the file size down using mp4 compression so it can be sent over a cell phone card. I've got 5 other people I work with who I think would have trouble if Compressor is put in the workflow because we already have a complex workflow and I don't want to add even more steps to our process. I'm not changing my sequence settings to H264, thats the default QuickTime conversion setting, I just want to change the default settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]