FORUMS: list search recent posts

cropping from 16:9 to 4:3, Final project format

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
francisco bech Gómez
cropping from 16:9 to 4:3, Final project format
on Oct 25, 2009 at 8:39:15 am

Hello to everyone

I am editing a project that was shot in DVCpro50 , I want to crop to reframe some shoots since I think they are wide for the characters and make the main charcacter bigguer and less air around.

I am editing in a DV anamorphic sequeneces

1) I heard if I edit in 4:3 sequence with black bars in top of bottom I will have more room to reframe without loosing quality. If I do this with what percentage can I work without being noticeable? what if I stay in the original anamorphic preset?

2) What do you think is the most convenient for the final master? to have the movie in anamorphic, or have the 4:3 format with black bars top and botom

Best ragards and thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: cropping from 16:9 to 4:3, Final project format
on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:29:07 pm

Judge this for yourself I'd say... use an external monitor while you expand the shots to see when it's unacceptable.

You should be editing in a DVCPRO50 sequence setting, and I don't see where letterboxing helps or hurts actually Check it out for yourself I'd say, and definitely look at it externally on a monitor or even a TV set while you expand.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO, CD's

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]